Hi! My name is Amanda and I haven't always been into health and fitness, in fact, once upon a
time, in a land not so far away =) I was a Coca Cola guzzling, breakfast
skipping, fast food lovin' member of Overeater's Anonymous...yep...I think that
pretty much covers it...
While I've never been 'overweight'
- I have been twenty pounds heavier than I am today {I have very FEW pictures from that time in my life, THANK GOODNESS Facebook did not exist back then...}
- I work to maintain my current weight {my body would happily put on 10 pounds if I let it}
Truth be told, I have ALWAYS looked for shortcuts when it came to fitness – I made my parents buy me the ‘ab flex’ (because who actually wants to do sit ups when you can spend $60 on a spaceship looking hunk of plastic that promises that it will help you achieve the same effect….), I took Hydroxycut (before they removed ephedra), Lipozene and pretty much every other 'miracle' pill on the market…
I would have done ANYTHING to be fit...you know...except give up alcohol, junk food, and spend my free time exercising... =)
Throughout the first couple years of dating, my now husband, Tony, would take me to the gym with him to ‘Train Me’ – he eventually realized that his efforts were futile – I wasn’t happy with my body & desperately wanted to be fit but was quick give up when I did not see results overnight…
It was when we got engaged that I made a conscious decision to focus on CHANGES instead of results – I wanted to be the bride that I knew he deserved, and in order to do that something had to change, I had to stop QUITTING…
I have become a huge advocate of Beachbody's programs & products...I am still in awe of the changes I have experienced as a result of consistently using them & in the hopes that I can help someone like me, I have taken it a step further and become a coach! On this blog I plan to share my journey, my FAV tips, and any & all YUMMY recipes I find along the way! I hope you will join me!


No comments:
Post a Comment