Saturday, June 6, 2015

Fitness Tip - Motivation



One of the most valuable lessons I have learned with regard to fitness is that you simply CANNOT sit back and wait for the motivation to strike you, I did that for years and it got me NOWHERE!

I have ALWAYS been a FANTASTIC 'start'-er - I think most people are...

I would go ALL-IN...for a little bit...until life got in the way... 

When starting anything there is an excitement that compels or 'motivates' you to do it - they say chemicals in the brain actually give you an extra 'push'...

When the "newness" wears off however...it is left up to YOU to create & maintain momentum...all too often, this is the point where I would find myself reverting back old habits... (patiently waiting for 'motivation' to strike again)

When I got REAL with myself about what I wanted, created SMART goals, and began making changes - I realized that motivation can be found on the way!

These are some of my FAV tips for creating & maintaining motivation in fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment