Saturday, June 13, 2015

The 'Skinny' on Clean Eating


Clean Eating was a totally foreign concept to me 4 years ago.  I thought I was "getting my vegetables" when I ordered a burger with everything =) - no seriously... it's true

I was eating twice a day, either take-out/fast-food OR on RARE occasions home-cooked which for me, meant using MULTIPLE sticks of butter {I'm southern...that's totally normal...lol}

I NEVER ate breakfast - partially because I am NOT a morning person {getting myself dressed and out the door was a feat in itself} and partially because like most people that want to lose weight, I figured LESS FOOD was the answer...

It's CRAZY to look back now and realize how little I knew about fueling my body properly - all I knew was I ENJOYED food and I had zero interest in calorie counting or complicated meal plans! {every time I tried to figure out what to do, I was so overwhelmed and confused by the vast amount of conflicting information out there, I just gave up.}

I needed someone to SIMPLIFY it for me!  You know "Just tell me what to do & I'll do it!!!" **ripping hair out**

Here are some tips on getting started:

Do your food shopping on the PERIMETER of the store - that's where you'll find the FRESH, WHOLE FOODS like Meat, Fruit, Vegetables {avoid the temptation ridden inner aisles...}

Start to phase out Sugary Sodas - I know firsthand how HARD it is to kick the addiction...BUT if you cut out just 1 REGULAR SODA a day, you could drop 13lbs in a year!!!! {that little gem was all I needed to go cold turkey lol}

Integrate Fruits OR Vegetables into ALL of your meals {skip the bag of chips and have a cucumber salad or cup of fresh fruit instead}

EXPERIMENT, EXPERIMENT, EXPERIMENT - look for 'clean' versions of all your FAV's {Pinterest is an AMAZINGGGGG resource, I am not sure how I lived without it}, 'like' clean eating pages on Facebook, try some new things, {I <3 squash...who knew?!?}

Burgers have always been my biggest weakness, one of my new STAPLES now is Turkey Burgers with Sweet Potato Buns <3
  
REPETITION, REPETITION, REPETITION! Find 3-4 HEALTHY meals that you THOROUGHLY ENJOY and eat them on a regular basis!!!! It doesn't have to be complicated - once you find something you like add it to the rotation!

DON'T expect PERFECTION - this does NOT have to be an all or nothing kind of thing - your goal should be to pick healthy MOST of the time...allow yourself the OCCASIONAL treat {I know I do!} <3

If you are ready to make a change, I would love to help!  Comment Below or connect with me on Facebook, so we can chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment